HITCOUNTER

Monday, July 5, 2010

NEW STYLE

Hello all!  so ive been really reading into all types of fashion blogs, and everyone has such adorable styles out there! it makes me so jealous!  my wardrobe is just so simple, jeans, jean shorts, tank tops and a couple cardigains.  nothing super adorable./ No skirts or leggings.   ive been putting together a list of staple items i need in my closet!.  
1.  Fitted Black Blazer
2.  Knit skirts.
3.  Brown, black, and white boots.
4.  floral print dresses
5.  Long Jean Shirt
6. BELTS

these are just a few things i definetly need.  i have TONS of clothes. ):  and to be honest, i dress the cutest during winter.  today i went to a thrift store and picked up an amazing black floral dress, annd a blue two button fitted blazer ( thats amazing!)   so hears the bad news :x.  the dress on the hanger looked hugeee!  i came home and put it on, it wont go over my chest ):  thats the downfall to a bigger chest.  its a size 9/10 bleh, but ill see what i can do with it.  and the blazer fits nicely, bryan said it looked kinda tight, but its just tight in the upper arm.  and i wanted it to be pretty open, so the jacket i love <3    
ive also noticed that theres a pretty serious controversy on the fat acceptance movement, some people are totally against accepting fat people in the world, and others totally accept it.  heres a few views on it i saw through tumblr.  

I guess I don’t know exactly what the “fat acceptance movement” is. Is it a group you (obviously) actively hate, or is it that you hate fat people who accept the fact that they’re fat? Do you hate the people who got fat because of overeating, as…
It makes no sense to me that anyone could hate a movement with the aim of promoting acceptance, but not a whole society where people so thin that it would be unhealthy and unrealistic for most people to attempt to be their size are not merely accepted but celebrated as the ideal. The person so originally said that they hate the fat acceptance movement I’d guess probably hates it because they think, why should a bunch of people who made themselves unhealthy be treated as well as everyone else? They made their beds, so why should they complain about having to lie in them? All this shows is the ignorant belief that thin = healthy, and fat people are all lazy face-stuffing pigs. No.
Fat people deserve the same rights as everyone else. Mostly why people hate on fatties is because of their deep-seated feelings of disgust towards them. You can’t give someone less rights just because you think ew, they’re icky. I’m sorry but it doesn’t work like that. We’re constantly bombarded with messages saying we should be unhappy with our bodies for a huge variety of reasons, so any groups going against the tide and telling people that they shouldn’t hate their bodies get my approval frankly.
I wrote TWO sentences. Without knowing me, following my blog, or even attempting to interact with me, you decided and broadcast that I’m an ignorant bigot who values aesthetics above true personal worth. Yeah, clearly, I’m the close-minded asshole in this conversation.
I don’t hate fat people or think they’re disgusting, icky, or lazy. I believe in size-acceptance, self-love and health at all sizes—the main values that the FA movement purports to promote. I don’t hate the Fat Acceptance movement because of what it stands for; I hate it for the way those values get practiced. I think their methods are hypocritical, dishonest, and irresponsible. I have a problem with the ethics within the movement.
Coincidentally, your reaction (read: your quickness to label anyone in even slight disagreement as a fatty-hating bigot) is actually one of the dishonest, irresponsible tactics I was just referring to.
to be honest, im fat, and saying that your fat or hearing it isnt a big deal to anyone anymore, there are some amazingly beautiful fat women and were all the same. acceptance is acceptance no matter what.  im not really sure why people wouldnt be for the movement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment